- Pledge 1: To protect the local authority investment in independent women’s run domestic and sexual violence services which are LGBT inclusive.
- Pledge 2: To maintain a specialist women’s hostel to help women who are rough sleeping to escape homelessness.
- Pledge 3: To support the campaign to acknowledge misogyny as an official hate crime type.
- Pledge 4: To maintain at least 50-50 women in the most senior leadership positions in Labour Group.
- Pledge 5: To work to end the negative impact of period poverty for school children.
- Pledge 6: To continue to oppose austerity in all of its forms, which impacts disproportionately on women.
- Specifically, we will:
Support the Waspi campaign to return pensions to women;
Challenge the disgraceful welfare reforms that penalise women such as the tax credit “rape clause”.
You can download Our Women’s Pledges in PDF format here