East Brighton Branch Labour Party
Annual General Meeting 2016: 3rd February 2016
We would like to invite you to the Annual General Meeting of East Brighton. The AGM is the place when we select our office holders, discuss our strategy for the branch and generally decide of activities for the year ahead. We hope to see you there.
ADDRESS: Badgers Tennis Club, Church Place BN2 5JN. (Nr Manor Road, entry via wooden door just up from Lee Hire)
DATE & TIME: Wednesday 3rd February, Starts at 7.30pm Drinks available in the bar from 7pm.
- Welcome from the Chair.
- Attendees - list circulated
- Apologies for absence
- Minutes of previous AGM. This was 2014 as in 2015 we were far too busy canvassing for the General Election & the Local City Elections.
- Matters arising from the Minutes. Anything anyone wants to raise based on the minutes of the last meeting.
- Reports from Officers.
- Discussion: What do we want from the Branch in the next year, what are our key areas of action to support the Labour Party locally and nationally.
- Election of Officers for 2016. Any volunteers for any post[s] gratefully received, you may nominate yourself at the meeting.
- Chair (Chairs meetings, coordinates the officers, agrees the minutes and agenda with the secretary, coordinates with the DLP chair and other branch chairs)
- Vice Chair: Membership Secretary (Gets the updates of new members from the VC:Membership of the DLP, welcomes new members, considers how to increase membership, runs ynew membership events)
- Campaigns Coordinator (Coordinates the campaigns and newsletters with the councillors in the ward and the DLP organiser, coordinates with the VC:Campaigns of the DLP and attend the campaigns forum, runs stalls, events and helps identify key campaigns for the ward)
- Secretary (Keeps minutes, and sends the agenda and other notices out, keeps others records of the branch including motions and policy)
- Treasurer (Keeps our accounts and looks at fundraising events)
- Other posts as the meeting sees fit (The meeting can decide posts it thinks are important - you can propose suggestions - some wards have events and social secretary, delivery coordinator etc)
- Councillors Reports. Cllrs Warren Morgan, Maggie Baradell & Gill Mitchell will all be there.
- Any Other Business (tell the chair at the start of the meeting)
- Dave Arthur suggested we draw up a list of speakers whom we would like to invite to the ward.
The AGM will be followed by February Ward Meeting.
Monthly ward meeting Agenda
- Minutes of Jan meeting; see below.
- Nothing received so far, but welcome. Thanks to Steven Farry for last month's.
- Date & Venue for next month's meeting.
- To be decided